Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dance Recital

Natalie's dance recital was today and she did an awesome job!  She really tried to do all the motions to the show along with the music and other girls.  The one thing she worked so hard on was finding her spot again.  Clearly her ballet teacher told her about the x's that would be on stage and that they had to make sure that they stayed in their zig zags.  She apparently took this to heart and she'd miss moves because she was so focused on finding her x on the stage.  At one point she made the girl next to her move because she was in the spot that Natalie thought was hers (I think Natalie was right).  I had tears in my eyes from laughing watching her intent on being in the right spot.  I'm so proud of how she did.  Here's my beautiful ballerina!

 Her class danced to "Let It Go" from Frozen.   Their dresses are supposed to be like Elsa's.  The girls adored dancing to this song!  Here are some moves from the dress rehearsal.



I don't have a video of their dance in costumes because I couldn't take both photos and video at the dress rehearsal (I don't have that many hands!) and we figured we could take video at the recital but they didn't allow video because we're getting our own dvd of the show.  I do have one of their practice in the ballet room.

Here is Natalie with her ballet teacher, Miss Cari.

No comments:

Post a Comment