Friday, July 27, 2012

Downtown-part 3

After playing in the Crown Fountain we decided to explore more of Millennium Park.  All the kids thought that the great lawn (right by the Pavilion) was great fun to run across.  The just started running.  They even wrestled and laid on top of each other but I didn't get good pictures of that.  They actually ran quite far away from us and we had to yell at them to come back.  Here is the great lawn race.



 I love the look on Amelia's face in that last picture.  Poor Megan was last in the race but I don't think she cared.
After the great lawn race we walked over part of the bridge and then walked through the garden.  Everyone was getting hungry so we found a McDonalds for the kids and a Mediterranean restaurant for the adults.  We were fairly close to the building that when you stand against it and look up the building looks like it is going to fall over on you.  Not sure of the name but you know what I mean!  I don't think any of the kids were really impressed with standing against the building but there was a fountain in courtyard area.  I remember that fountain as a kid but I don't think anyone else remembered it.  The kids had fun putting their hands and feet against the wall of this fountain.
 Again, my only picture of Natalie playing in the fountain.  She did have fun so I'm not sure why I didn't get pictures of her.  I love the one of Megan because it shows how wet she got!



 Amelia must be practicing her ballet stretches here!
Megan LOVED chasing the pigeons.  Just look at the look on her face!
Stay tuned for the last segment-sliding down the Picasso statue!

No comments:

Post a Comment