Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fly Swatter painting

When Marcie and her girls came down for my birthday, I knew I wanted to try a fun art project.  N2 and I picked up fly swatters at Wal-mart and luckily they came in a 2 pack!  I can't just buy 1 thing because each one wants to pick out their own so we ended up with 4 fly swatters-perfect for doing art projects with their cousins.

I found a recipe for sidewalk paint and I made it but it was REALLY runny.  So I added more and more corn starch.  But it was still runny.  So I heated some up and it because really thick, really fast.  I combined that with the runny stuff and thought it was fine.  But it was kind of clumpy and hard to get out of the pan.  So I would suggest using what the recipe says and hope it works!

All the kids had a lot of fun swatting at the paper.  Unfortunately the fly swatters kind of stuck because the paint got a little sticky and thick.


 Megan was quite gentle with her fly swatting.

 Here are their finished projects.  They were not keepers as the corn starch/water just flaked off after it became hard.  Here is the order of their art work.  Megan, Amelia, Natalie and Noah.  Sorry for the dark pictures.



My driveway was also well painted.  I'm sorry to say that it has STILL not washed off even after fairly heavy rains.  Oh well!  I'm sure it'll wear off sooner or later.  Not sure why blogger uploaded this picture vertically-it's not vertical on my computer.  Strange!  This is not the first time this has happened!

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee. Sorry about your driveway! I think it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete