Monday, March 25, 2013

Lunch

One day at the end of preschool N2's teacher gave me cardstock placemats that we could use for snacks or what have you.  I think they used them for goldfish at school after reading Dr. Seuss books.  I decided to use them for lunch one day.  I put contact paper over them so the paper wouldn't get yucky.


The placemats have 6 fishbowl with the numbers 1-6 on them.  I started by giving them 6 carrots and told them to figure out where they go.  The put 1 in the 1 fishbowl, 2 in the 2 fishbowl, 3 in the 3 fishbowl and then told me they didn't have enough.  I wanted them to put the 6 carrots in the 6 fishbowl.  Once I had them count them again and tell me how many they had, they were able to put the carrots where they needed to go.    I think at school they had probably been given goldfish and told to put the right number on each fishbowl which is why I was confused.  They had 6 carrots, 5 pieces of string cheese, 4 apple slices, 3 almonds, 2 marshmallows, and 1 roll.  After that they kept asking for more food so I found dried fruit, other nuts, more carrots, salami and I can't even remember what else.  They just kept eating!  They had a lot of fun.  It's too bad that Natalie peeled off the contact paper so that we couldn't use hers again.  I thought I would make placemats like this again and maybe do colors.  It was a fun way to each lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment