Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

We took N2 to an Easter egg hunt on Friday.  We didn't manage to go to one last year because we were busy for all the ones I knew about and the one we could go to happened to fall on a day that was rainy!  So this year I was determined to go to one.  We met up with my friend Steph and her boys.  I've never really been to an Easter egg hunt so I didn't know what to expect.  It was CHAOS!  And it was frigidly cold!  We needed winter coats and hats which we did not have (I did not realize how cold it was when we left-I just got in the car and didn't walk outside).

We got there and there was a huge bunch of people around a circle where there were eggs scattered all around.  The 1's and 2's go to go first.  Then they threw out another huge amount of eggs for the 3's and 4's.  They were supposed to blog a whistle to indicate the start but some kids just started going so then everyone went!  I pulled Noah into the group and showed him eggs but he wouldn't pick any up.  Some kids came and swooped them up so we moved onto another clump which he didn't pick up.  Finally he decided picking up eggs was OK and he managed to get 4 eggs.  Natalie was the same way and got 4 eggs.  The whole thing was over in less than a minute!  CRAZINESS!  I don't think I will attempt that Easter egg hunt again!

The 5's and 6's were funny because they "hid" the eggs on the hill so it was like a little army charging up the hill.  There were a couple smart kids that made a beeline for the top of the hill to gather all the eggs up there before anyone else got up there since so many kids went for the first eggs they saw.  Quite interesting!

We did meet the Easter bunny and they each got an egg that way.  Natalie would not go near the Easter bunny except to grab the egg.  Noah did pose with the bunny. As we were sitting look at our eggs, a mom and her son came over and said they got too many eggs so they wanted to share with us!  N2 each got 2 more eggs.  That was so nice!  One of my friend's Steph's boys managed to get the 1st place Easter egg and won a cute Easter basket!  Nice!  These are all the pictures I managed to get!


No comments:

Post a Comment