Thursday, October 13, 2016

Random February

I do have a lot of pictures from February because of their birthday parties but I don't have many pictures of other things that happened in February.

One of the things that we had to do each week was to practice spelling words.  I really dislike practicing homework.  Actually I really dislike homework in general.  Now that I have to deal with homework on a daily basis it makes me rethink homework as a teacher.  I tried to make their spelling words more interesting by doing different things with them.  Sometimes Natalie would write her spelling words with play-doh or in a pan of flour (those may have been things we did in kindergarten but I don't remember exactly).  This time I made them use their bodies to spell out the words.  I'm not entirely sure what they are spelling here.  Let me know if you can figure it out.







Natalie decided to be a one person band one day.  She tried to figure out how to play as many instruments as possible at one time.  She is playing the drum with a maraca, jumping up and down to play the tambourine, and humming on the harmonica.
N2 have lost quite a few teeth this year.  Noah has finished losing teeth for the moment (he has lost the 8 middle ones) and Natalie has one more tooth to lose.  I believe the canines are the next to go and those don't fall out until much later.  Here Natalie is without one of her middle teeth.

The school district had an art show in February at the library.  There was an opening evening where we went to see their pieces.  Both N2 had artwork on display and were very proud to show us their work.  Noah had a clay owl and Natalie a Monet bridge.  We took Grandma and Grandpa Weidner to the library to see their artwork as well (I think Aunt Lisa, Charlie and Lily saw them too).

I got a silly picture of Grandpa Weidner and N2.  I'm not sure what they were for (maybe it was when we celebrated their birthdays?) but I love how happy they all are!


1 comment: