Monday, January 9, 2017

Gingerbread Houses

After my nativity scene display when Marcie's family was still in town, we got together to decorate gingerbread houses.  We had a ton of candy for the kids (thanks Marcie and mom!)  They all had their own unique way to decorate their houses and it was interesting to see how they used the candy and which candy they didn't want to use.  Nathaniel loved yellow, Natalie wanted the Life Saver gummy rings, and they all seemed to want roofs made of Necco wafers.


 
This isn't a great picture but you can see from this one all the candy that we had.  My kids have sure enjoyed picking candy off their houses and eating it!
Here are my kids with their finished houses.  Noah looks a little strange in his picture but it is the best one I got!
 We had all the kids hold up their houses along with Grandpa's version of a gingerbread house.  These were the best I got.  I don't know what was up with Noah and taking pictures that day.

The kids decided that they were going to ride on Brian's feet.  I'm not sure how it started, maybe with Nathaniel wanting a foot ride and the rest of the kids hopped on, but it ended up with Nathaniel and Noah riding on Brian's feet and Natalie and Amelia holding on and being dragged on their stomachs.  I'm not sure if Brian could actually move but I think he tried.  The girls may have self-propelled a little.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I really like your idea of having the houses already set for the kids and just letting them focus on decorating. I remember the process of stabilizing the house was always the most frustrating part, so it's perfect to skip that step with younger kids! Do you just use a regular gingerbread cookie recipe for your house?

    ReplyDelete