Sunday, December 30, 2012

Teacher Gifts

I know it's after Christmas but I wanted to show you what we made for N2's teachers.  I bought them boxes of Frango mints (who doesn't love Frango mints??) and I bought some Frango mint hot chocolate to put in the hot chocolate snowmen we were making.  I found this great idea on Pinterest to use paint swatches to make Christmas tree gift tags.  Here's what they look like.  I found these paint watches at Ace Hardware-they are really long.
We made hot chocolate snowmen for their teachers.  Empty out some baby food jars and clean them out.  Peel off the label.  To get the sticky stuff off, put some Goo Gone on it and let it soak for 30 minutes or so.  Then it will just rub off so easily!  Fill one jar with hot chocolate mix, another jar with mini marshmallows and another with peppermints.  Cut out a circle out of black paper and cut a smaller circle out of the center (make sure it will fit around the top of the jar). Put the brim on the hat and then put the lid on.  Cut a black strip of paper about 3/4 of an inch tall and wrap it around the jar lid and secure with glue dots (this part came off quite a bit so you may need to use a lot of glue dots).  Punch circles out of black sticker foam for the buttons and the mouth. I used a regular sized hole punch.  I cut out a carrot shape from orange foam and used a glue dot to adhere it.  Find a scrap piece of fabric and use that for the scarf.  It's a very simple and fast project!

No comments:

Post a Comment